Legacy Animal Foundation provides hope for animals in need of care. Many people and organizations offer a caring hand, give countless hours and provide sacrificially to animals in need. And yet, it is often not enough. Legacy Animal Foundation strives to save the lives of animals by providing grants to qualifying shelters, rescue organizations and pet owners to help with the high cost of medical treatments.
The applicant (group applying for a grant) must:
- Live in the United States.
- Be seeking assistance for one animal in need of urgent medical care.
- Have obtained a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan. Legacy Animal Foundation cannot pay for office exams or diagnostic testing.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Make a concerted fundraising effort, attempting to find funding through your own means and personal contacts.
- Submit a completed application online.
- Schedule the appointment for the procedure to be performed on the animal within one (1) week of veterinarian receiving funds.
- Provide updates, photos and video if Legacy Animal Foundation is able to help.
The animal must:
- Have a debilitating injury or illness that requires specific treatment.
- Have a favorable prognosis.
The veterinary clinic must:
- Be willing to speak with a representative from Legacy Animal Foundation and provide an itemized estimate upon request.
- Accept a check from Legacy Animal Foundation.
Legacy Animal Foundation cannot help if any of the following apply:
- The animal’s treatment has been completed.
- The animal’s medical needs are for:
- ongoing conditions or treatments (such as diabetes or chemotherapy)
- testing or diagnostic work (such as X-rays, MRI or bloodwork)
- routine care (such as spay/neuter, vaccinations or annual exams)
How to Apply
Read the above purpose statement and eligibility requirements carefully before applying.
Legacy Animal Foundation is not a shelter or veterinary clinic. We cannot accept or shelter animals. For assistance, contact your local Texas animal shelter.